I'm a teenager and love to make this fun chicken soup for my family. It makes me so happy when they tell me how much they like it! —Sarah Mackey, New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Featured In: Classic Homemade Soup Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked alphabet pasta
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a Dutch oven, saute the carrots, celery and onion in oil until tender. Stir in the broth, chicken and thyme. Bring to a boil. Stir in pasta. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until tender. Stir in parsley. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Chicken Alphabet Soup in Taste of Home February/March 2009, p30
Reviews forChicken Alphabet Soup
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 9, 2013
"I made a half of batch, only had carrots on hand yet it was a hit with my family. I will definitely make it again!"
Reviewed Sep. 6, 2013
"Great recipe, thanks for sharing Sarah!"