My family was growing tired of traditional red sauce lasagna, so I created this fun twist using a creamy homemade Alfredo sauce. Store-bought rotisserie chicken keeps prep simple and fast. —Caitlin MacNeilly, Uncasville, Connecticut
Featured In: 50 Great Ways to Make Lasagna
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 ounces thinly sliced pancetta, cut into strips
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto or deli ham, cut into strips
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 cups shredded Asiago cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 9 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook pancetta and prosciutto over medium heat until browned. Drain on paper towels. Transfer to a large bowl; add chicken and toss to combine.
- For sauce, in a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in 1/2 cup Asiago cheese, 1 tablespoon parsley, pepper and nutmeg.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spread 1/2 cup sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with a third of each of the following: noodles, sauce, meat mixture, Asiago, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Repeat layers twice.
- Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining parsley. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Easy Chicken Alfredo Lasagna in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p20
Reviews forChicken Alfredo Lasagna
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 11, 2016
"I had to add a lot more seasoning (salt and pepper) to the sauce and it did take awhile to thicken, but it turned out wonderful! Will definitely make this again in the future."