Seasonings and a splash of lime make this chicken something special, writes Carma Blosser from Livermore, Colorado. “It is also really tasty in salads and sandwiches and can also be prepared on an indoor grill.” Tip: Make extra pieces to freeze in individual servings and keep on hand for drop-in guests, Carma suggests.
Recommended: 43 Amazing Ways to Love Sweet Potatoes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first 10 ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Lightly oil the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Adobo in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006, p54
Reviews forChicken Adobo
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review