- 8 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup finely chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1/3 cup pear nectar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dried pears
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 1/3 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Place bacon in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until crisp. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over bacon. Broil 1 minute longer or until bacon is glazed and bubbly. Drain on paper towels. Cool slightly and crumble.
- In a small skillet, combine the chicken, pear nectar, pears, preserves, butter, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Spoon about 1 teaspoonful of filling into each tart shell; place tarts on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with bacon and cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until heated through. Serve warm. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forChicken, Pear & Gorgonzola Tarts
"Great recipe. We will definitely use this for upcoming parties and campouts.I was wondering why the one lady gave one star when she liked it so much and would make it again??"
"It was super easy, and though I altered it a bit (used light olivio instead of butter; sugar free apricot preserves; fresh pears rather than dried), it was delicious. I'd serve warm or cold - both were good."
"Excellent appertizer!!! Hard to find the dried pears, but if you buy a bag of dried tropical fruit, you should be able to get the amount needed for the recipe."
"Tried these little pieces of heaven as an appetizer at our New Year's celebration and they were gone in no time! A few of the ingredients were hard to find, but went to a specialty store by my house and found them all. Now that I've made these once and know where to find all the ingredients, I'll be making them again in no time! They really were delicious!"