- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing, divided
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- In a small resealable plastic bag, combine chicken and 1/2 cup salad
- dressing. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, garlic salt and rosemary. Add vegetables and toss to coat.
- Drain and discard marinades. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread chicken and vegetables. Grill kabobs, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 12-15 minutes or until juices run clear, turning and basting occasionally with remaining salad dressing. Yield: 8 kabobs.
Reviews forChicken 'n' Veggie Kabobs
"Very good! I added onion and bell pepper to them!"
"This is a keeper! The veggies are the best. I used an extra 1/2 teaspoon of rosemary and garlic salt and marinated it for an hour."
"The whole family loved this, including my veggie-avoiding son, who ate every bit of it. I wonder about making it in a basket instead of on skewers...."
"to the person concerned w/ sodium.. I would use light or fat free Italian dressing and garlic powder instead of garlic salt."
"Delicious, everyone loved it. Definitely will make this again."
"My DH loved this. I substituted other veggies for the squash. Will make again soon."
"Our whole family loved these Kabobs. It was easy using ingredients I had on hand. I doubled the recipe for eight adults and thought we'd have extra but not one kabob was left over."
"In response to redhead4101: I was checking the food items for sodium, they are 0 as far as I can tell. But the Italian salad dressing seems to be the culprit for the sodium content. The Italian salad dressing I have shows about 360mg per 2tbsp. chicken breast (3oz) is about 68 mg sodium. The garlic salt for McCormick brand is about 490mg per serving. I hope this helps."