These fun meal-in-one packets are an ideal way to use up your garden bounty. Tender chicken and delightfully seasoned veggies are tucked inside each foil-wrapped pack. Sharon Salvador from Lakeport, California shares the recipe.
Recommended: How to Cook in Foil Packets
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 small yellow summer squash, sliced
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cut eight 15x12-in. rectangles of heavy-duty foil; place one rectangle on top of another to make four. Divide onion slices among the four rectangles; top with chicken, mustard, zucchini, yellow squash and mushrooms.
- Combine the basil, garlic powder, paprika and remaining salt and pepper; sprinkle over vegetables. Dot with butter. Fold foil around vegetable mixture and seal tightly. Place packets on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken 'n' Summer Squash Packets in Light & Tasty June/July 2007, p37