My duties as wife, mother and schoolteacher tend to keep me out of the kitchen. So this superbly simple salad comes in handy when dinnertime is fast approaching.
Recommended: 40 Lettuce Recipes You Can Get Excited About
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (6.9 ounces) chicken-flavored Rice-A-Roni
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- Prepare rice according to package directions; cool. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except lettuce. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Serve on lettuce leaves if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chicken 'n' Rice Salad in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p10