Chicken 'n' Corn Bread Bake Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4-1/2 cups corn bread stuffing mix, divided
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a large saucepan, combine broth, onion, celery and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in 4 cups stuffing mix.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with chicken. In a small bowl, combine sour cream, soup and green onions. Spread over chicken. Sprinkle with remaining stuffing mix; dot with butter.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 441 calories, 22g fat (11g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 1202mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Chicken 'n' Corn Bread Bake
"Pretty salty. I would alter the recipe to change the sodium content next time."
"We didn't care for this casserole at all. I made it exactly as written. The bottom was just a clump of wet stuffing (probably too much broth) and it really lacked seasoning so the flavor was boring."
"Stove Top Stuffing brand has a corn bread version"
"With the amount of Sodium that would be in the soup alone (surprising how much sodium is in soups) plus the broth (even low-sodium) and cornbread (cornbead by itself has salt added) stuffing, I believe it would be too salty for my taste."
"My family loved this recipe. It will be one of our bi-wekly rotation. As far as the sodium concern, I boiled the chicken with the onions and I added garlic with the celery and I just this as my broth. It was fabulous as far as a southern liken."
"Sodium must be a misprint!"
"that is way to much sodium..."