- 2-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4-1/2 cups corn bread stuffing mix, divided
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large saucepan, combine broth, onion, celery and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in 4 cups stuffing mix.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with chicken. In a small bowl, combine sour cream, soup and green onions. Spread over chicken. Sprinkle with remaining stuffing mix; dot with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Chicken 'n' Corn Bread Bake
"We didn't care for this casserole at all. I made it exactly as written. The bottom was just a clump of wet stuffing (probably too much broth) and it really lacked seasoning so the flavor was boring."
"I have made this twice now and we really enjoy it. The aroma while cooking is very nice, I can hardly wait until Thanksgiving to try it with some leftover turkey.Skygal"
"Stove Top Stuffing brand has a corn bread version"
"With the amount of Sodium that would be in the soup alone (surprising how much sodium is in soups) plus the broth (even low-sodium) and cornbread (cornbead by itself has salt added) stuffing, I believe it would be too salty for my taste."
"My family loved this recipe. It will be one of our bi-wekly rotation. As far as the sodium concern, I boiled the chicken with the onions and I added garlic with the celery and I just this as my broth. It was fabulous as far as a southern liken."
"Sodium must be a misprint!"