- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (2 pounds) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, half-and-half cream, onion, chilies, salt and pepper. Stir in the potatoes, chicken and 2 cups cheese.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining cheese before serving. If desired, sprinkle with chopped cilantro. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forChicken 'n' Chilies Casserole
"Good casserole for a group. I did add a second can of chilies though."
"Not bad but was a little bland for us. Will make again but will spice it up a bit."
"easy and tasty. We used ham."
"I have been making this for years. I always get compliments on it.It's easy to make and is very good."
"Made this for the family, which consists of 2 picky boys, and we all liked it. I did use light sour cream as well as 2% cheese. Will try adding some spinach, broccoli, or cauliflower next time for some needed nutrients."
"I made this the other day for my family ~ They all loved it and asked me to make it again. The only thing I did different was add 1 tsp. garlic powder... AWESOME recipe Thank you :-)"