- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 cup frozen corn
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add asparagus and onion; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in flour, salt, garlic powder and pepper until blended; gradually stir in broth and half-and-half. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add chicken and corn; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forChicken, Asparagus & Corn Chowder
"I made it pretty much per the recipe and it was very good. We added some tea biscuits on the side. Very filling!"