This hearty pasta dish from Linda Morten of Katy, Texas offers great garlic-basil flavor in a fraction of the time. Just think of how pretty this colorful dish will look on your table tonight! Tip: If you can't find basil and garlic goat cheese, buy plain goat cheese and add 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves to chicken and toss before cooking in butter.
Recommended: 30 Skinny Dinners in 30 Minutes or Less
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast (6 ounces), cubed
- 3/4 cup fresh sugar snap peas
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup basil and roasted garlic goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook fettuccine according package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute chicken and peas in butter until chicken is no longer pink. Add tomatoes and garlic; cook 2 minutes longer.
- Combine the flour, salt, pepper and cream; stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in goat cheese and parsley; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Drain fettuccine; toss with chicken mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chicken & Vegetable Alfredo in Cooking for 2 Spring 2009, p49
Reviews forChicken & Vegetable Alfredo
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2017
"This was not only delicious but great to look at with the snap peas and tomatoes - it was very appealing to the eye"