Chicken & Spinach Tortellini Soup Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Add broth and bring to a boil. Stir in tortellini; return to a boil. Cook for 7-9 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add the chicken, spinach and pepper; cook until spinach is wilted. Sprinkle each serving with 1 teaspoon cheese. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
1 cup: 287 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 1130mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Chicken & Spinach Tortellini Soup
"Fabulous!! My 4 children rated it 100 :) they loved it! I used what I had on hand. Used more fresh garlic (heaping soup spoon), canned white breast meat chicken, broth from canned chicken, 1 can chicken broth (added water and chicken bouillon to make up the full 4 cans total), 20 ounce pkg herb chicken tortellini, did not chop baby spinach and used fresh grated Parmesan cheese. Also added a bit if Cayenne pepper for kick. It is a hit! (Eating as I type this!) I also did not use low sodium chicken broth so it was nice and tasty."
"Bland, but good and easy. Needs some spice."
"Outstanding! My family loved it and didn't have any leftovers.. Will be making it again.."
"This was delicious! I doubled the recipe and barely had any leftovers. Will certainly make again!"
"This is very easy to make and my husband and I both really enjoy it."
"Very good soup! will make again, both my husband and son approved and of course I liked it too!"
"Very hearty soup. Very good!"
"Fantastic! Super easy and full of flavor :)"
"Made this on a whim one day and my family of 5 (hubby, 2 young boys and 1 baby girl) devoured it down to the last drop! Have made it several times since (at their request) and one day used a "white wine and herb" broth that I had in the pantry. The family cheered even louder with the added flavor. It's now become a family favorite and a great recipe to make when having company over. Delicious!"
"I made this recipe with ham instead of chicken and also added onion. I also froze portions for lunches. It turned out wonderful."
"Made this for Superbowl Sunday & the pot was emptied quickly. easy to made, great taste & filling. Everyone wanted the recipe."
"Made this for a Saturday evening get -together. Very easy to make and everyone kept refilling their bowls."