Homemade noodles and the ease of rotisserie chicken make this yummy lasagna with spinach and fontina a real crowd pleaser. —Kathryn Conrad, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Featured In: 50 Great Ways to Make Lasagna
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semolina flour
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups chopped fresh baby spinach
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups shredded fontina cheese, divided
- Grated Parmesan cheese and additional fresh thyme, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. On a clean work surface or in a large bowl, mix all-purpose and semolina flours; form into a mound. Make a large well in the center. Pour egg mixture into well. Using a fork or fingers, gradually mix flour mixture into egg mixture, forming a soft dough (dough will be soft and slightly sticky).
- Lightly dust work surface with flour; knead dough gently five times. Divide into six portions; cover with plastic wrap. Let rest 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the first six filling ingredients; stir in 1-1/2 cups fontina cheese. Grease six individual 12-oz. au gratin dishes; place on baking sheets. Preheat oven to 350°.
- Fill a Dutch oven three-fourths full with salted water; bring to a boil. On a floured surface, roll each portion into a 20x4-in. rectangle, dusting dough with additional flour as needed.
- Add one noodle to boiling water; cook 1-2 minutes or until al dente. Place one-fifth of the noodle in bottom of a prepared dish; top with a scant 1/4 cup chicken mixture. Fold noodle back to cover filling; repeat three times, topping and folding the noodle each time. Repeat with remaining noodles and filling.
- Sprinkle lasagnas with remaining fontina cheese. Bake, covered, 30-35 minutes or until heated through. If desired, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and additional thyme. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken & Spinach Lasagnas in Taste of Home April/May 2014
Reviews forChicken & Spinach Lasagnas
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 9, 2014
"kinda came out a little dry and tasteless. Not a big hit here"
Reviewed Apr. 2, 2014
"This was a hit!!! The homemade noodles set it over the top!! So good!!"