Chicken & Shrimp Fettuccine
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 4 bacon strips, chopped
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, drained
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3/4 pound peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 2 teaspoons drippings.
- In the same skillet, saute chicken in reserved drippings until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Add the tomatoes, spinach, cream, sage and 1/4 cup cheese to the skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened and spinach is wilted. Drain fettuccine and add to skillet. Stir in the chicken and shrimp; heat through. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with bacon and remaining cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 483 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat), 169mg cholesterol, 601mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 34g protein.
Jul 12, 2017
Delicious recipe and the whole family loved it. I added a little extra sage and I replaced whipping cream with cream cheese and butter like another reviewer suggested. Also used dairy-free parmesan substitute. Will be making this again!
Mar 19, 2016
We all liked this dish. I used chicken and ground Italian turkey sausage. I only added 1/3 can of tomato and used part almond milk and whipping cream to cut back on some of the fat. I added some mushroom to make it a little bit more hearty. For added flavor, I added 1 tablespoon of pesto sauce. I paired this with a garden salad.
Feb 24, 2016
Made this last night and really enjoyed it. I used half and half in place of whipping cream, but otherwise I followed the recipe as written. We will be fixing it again.
Feb 21, 2016
Good recipe but when followed exactly it lacks flavor. It has potential and next time I would add more garlic, basil, and salt.
Feb 20, 2016
Loved it using another reviewer's idea of creamed cheese and butter instead of heavy cream.
Oct 17, 2015
I made this dish with 4 oz of cream cheese and two tablespoons of butter instead of heavy cream. Seasoned the chicken with salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. I used everglades seasoning instead of sage. May need to add a little water if you make it this way. My new favorite dish!! YUM-O!!
Feb 14, 2015
Delicious! Made this for my "Sweetheart" for Valentine's Day and he loved it...we both did!
Feb 1, 2015
Really good. I doubled the recipe. I used olive oil to saut? the shrimp and fry the chicken. We tasted flavor in this because the canned tomatoes had spices with them. If not for that, I think it may have lacked flavor. Definitely high calorie.
Dec 29, 2014
This was really rich and yummy. I will admit I goofed and didn't get the shrip cooked when i picked them up. I just cooked them at home with salt an pepper. It was fine that way, but I think having them steamed at the store with ole bay or some other kind of seasoning will give this another layer of flavor. I also did add a bit of salt and pepper to the sauce it brought out the flavor of the tomato's . I liked the fact it went together quickly. I'm always looking for recipes that are like that especially when i have to work late
Dec 14, 2014
This was delicious. I served dish with angel hair pasta & doubled the sauce per another reviewer. Everyone liked this dish very much. Served garlic toast & salad with meal.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.