Chicken & Pear Bundles Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 4 slices smoked mozzarella cheese
- 2 medium ripe pears, thinly sliced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1. Flatten chicken breasts evenly; sprinkle with salt and pepper. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry sheet into a 14-in. square. Cut into four squares. Place a chicken breast in the center of each square; top each with cheese and pear slices.
- 2. Lightly brush pastry edges with egg. Bring opposite corners of pastry over each bundle; pinch seams to seal. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet; brush with remaining egg.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and a thermometer reads 170°.
- 4. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine preserves and vinegar. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 20-25 seconds or until melted. Serve with bundles. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 699 calories, 27g fat (9g saturated fat), 130mg cholesterol, 545mg sodium, 74g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 7g fiber), 40g protein.
Reviews for Chicken & Pear Bundles
"I have made this twice in the past two weeks. It's excellent and just so easy to make! Definitely a keeper!"
"This was a great recipe. My kids all loved it and I love how easy it was."
"It tastes fantastic, but I live in the wrong area and couldn't find raspberry preserves without seeds and it does effect the sauce."
"Simple but looks and tastes like it took a long time and you would pay a lot for it!"