- 1 can (10 ounces) green enchilada sauce
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups coarsely shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- Salsa, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small skillet, warm enchilada sauce over medium heat. Dip four tortillas, one at a time, in sauce to coat both sides; arrange on bottom of a greased 9-in. pie plate, overlapping to fit.
- Layer with 1 cup chicken, 1 cup cheese and 2 tablespoons olives. Repeat tortilla and chicken layers. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over top. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and olives.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. If desired, serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forChicken & Cheese Tortilla Pie
"We were having company over for dinner that included a couple of pre-teens, so along with what we had planned, I wanted to make something easy and kid-friendly too. This was perfect. I had roasted a whole turkey breast a few days prior, so I used that instead of chicken. It went over well with the kids and the adults! It was gone in a flash. Next time I'd like to add a couple of things that other reviewers tried, like black beans and sour cream. This recipe is definitely basic, but easy, quick and good go a long way these days."
"Wow! Everyone was right. This recipe is so easy and delicious! I also added black beans. Recipe is definitely a keeper!"
"Can't believe aything this good was so easy to make! I boiled a chicken breast instead of buying ready made. It shredded easily and left me with homemake chicken stock to freeze for other recipes. Once the chicken was finished, it took me longer to make some guacamole to accompany than it did to make this tortilla pie. I also added the black beans as suggested. Definetly 5 stars in taste!"
"So easy and so yummy. Add a little sour cream when serving and its a great hit with the family. Will definitely add this to my list of favorites!"
"easy and delicious!!"
"Very easy to make!... I didn't have a green enchilada sauce, but I really wanted try it, so I substitute it with some tomato sauce with some taco seasonings instead, and of course with the rest of the recipes!... And I have also added some bread crumbs on top just to add a little crunch... :) it turned out very good!... Didn't last, of course... :)"
"Simple and tasty! We used 8" whole wheat tortillas instead of smaller corn ones and it was so easy to assemble. I also added a can of black beans to the layers. It was delicious - the whole thing disappeared in one sitting!"
"This was ridiculously easy to make and tasted really good. I put it under the brpiler for the last few minutes because I like the cheese browned. Yum."