The blue cheese in place of the expected mozzarella gives this pizza a surprising and sophisticated taste. It's excellent as an entree or appetizer—it can be prepared in a round pizza pan as well. —Beverly Lynch, Sugar Grove, Illinois
Recommended: Our All-Time Best Pizzas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2-1/2 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups coarsely chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a large skillet, heat butter and 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir until tender, 4-6 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add spinach; cook and stir over medium-high heat until wilted, 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken, salt and pepper. Unroll and press dough onto bottom of a greased 15x10x1-in. pan. Spoon chicken mixture over dough. Bake until crust is lightly browned, 14-16 minutes.
Sprinkle with cheese and bacon; drizzle with remaining oil. Bake until heated through, 3-5 minutes.
Freeze option: Prepare pizza as directed, decreasing bake time to 10 minutes. Top with cheese and bacon; drizzle with remaining oil. Cool. Securely wrap and freeze partially baked pizza. To use, unwrap pizza; bake until crust is lightly browned and toppings are heated through, 15-20 minutes. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Chicken & Blue Cheese Pizza in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2017, p131