- 8 frozen waffles, thawed
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 8 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli chicken
- 1 medium apple, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Spread four waffles with mayonnaise; top with half of the cheese. Layer with chicken, apple and remaining cheese. Top with remaining waffles. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- Toast sandwiches in a large skillet over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until waffles are lightly browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forChicken & Apple Waffle Sandwiches
"These were really pretty good! Not quite hearty enough for me to serve for supper, but these were great for a weekend lunch. I am a mayo lover but surprisingly, it didn't seem to work that well for me here... Next time I want to try the honey mustard like Jen1313 used..."