Chewy Whole Wheat Snickerdoodles
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar until blended. Beat in the egg, agave nectar and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in cinnamon sugar. Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 52 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 24mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Mar 8, 2018
At first, I just wanted to try this recipe by following it to the letter to see the results. The other two reviewers are right. I ended up with the same results. Maybe butter should be 1/2 cup instead of 1/4 cup and the flour should be all-purpose, whole wheat or a mixture of the two. But, not white whole wheat.
Dec 7, 2015
Did you use the white whole wheat flour or regular ww? I'd think it would make a huge difference if you didn't use the white whole wheat flour or a blend of white and whole wheat.
May 17, 2015
I attempted this recipe today, and the dough was all crumbly.Is there a missing liquid aspect to this recipe? I have never had a mixture that looked like this before. I used whole wheat flour.Thanks for your help!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.