- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar until blended. Beat in the egg, agave nectar and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in cinnamon-sugar. Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews forChewy Whole Wheat Snickerdoodles
"Did you use the white whole wheat flour or regular ww? I'd think it would make a huge difference if you didn't use the white whole wheat flour or a blend of white and whole wheat."
"I attempted this recipe today, and the dough was all crumbly.Is there a missing liquid aspect to this recipe? I have never had a mixture that looked like this before. I used whole wheat flour.Thanks for your help!"