Chewy Walnut Bars
Since they need just four ingredients and one bowl to dirty, I often whip up a batch of these family-favorite bars. I'm thanked "mmmm-many" times over!
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 2-1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar and biscuit mix. Beat in eggs until well blended. Fold in walnuts.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 131 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 97mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Chewy Walnut Bars in Best of Country Cookies
Jan 6, 2012
My granny used to make these when I was little. I had forgotten all about them until a friend had given me some in a cookie exchange. I almost had tears when I ate the first one. They brought back great memories of my sweet granny.