Chewy Tangerine Cookies
This recipe represents my Scandinavian heritage. The blend of spices and hint of tangerine have made these cookies a favorite to serve with a mug of hot coffee.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon grated tangerine or orange zest
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. In a small saucepan, bring corn syrup to a boil; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Beat in egg and tangerine zest. Combine the flour, baking soda, cloves, nutmeg and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with floured 2-1/2-in. cookie cutters. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 77 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 69mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Chewy Tangerine Cookies in Best of Country Cookies