Chewy Spice Cookies
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the brown sugar, applesauce, molasses and egg substitute. Combine the flour, baking soda and spices; gradually add to brown sugar mixture and mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 56 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 15mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Apr 24, 2012
taste was way to strong and not good taste.
Oct 11, 2011
These start out soft like a typical applesauce cookie but then get chewier as you eat them. They were okay.
Dec 11, 2008
Delicious! I have been searching for a healthy alternative to another TOH spice cookie that we've always loved. This is it. I was concerned with how runny the batter was however, so I added an additional 3/4 cup of flour to make a stiffer dough.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.