- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cups lightly salted dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9-in. baking pan with foil, letting ends extend up sides; grease foil. In a small bowl, mix flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press into prepared pan. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle peanuts over crust.
- In a small saucepan, melt butterscotch chips, corn syrup and butter over medium heat; stir until smooth. Drizzle over peanuts. Bake 6-8 minutes longer or until bubbly. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Lifting with foil, remove from pan. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forChewy Salted Peanut Bars
"This recipe is very easy to follow, and received great reviews at church potluck. I did follow the recipe exactly as printed and it worked great. Next time, I will make some substitutions to include swapping out the corn syrup with honey and go with half peanut butter chips and half semi sweet chocolate chips just as a personal taste preference."
"Like the other reviewers, I also used the entire package of butterscotch chips. There is no way to cover this using half the package.. Next time, husband said to use half chocolate chips to 1/2 butterscotch chips. Will do. :-)"
"Very easy to make. I did add extra butterscotch chips because i love them so much!"
"I found that I had to use a full package of butterscotch morsels. I also doubled the amount of butter and syrup. On my 2nd batch of butterscotch topping, I'd used maple syrup since I didn't have enough corn syrup. Doubling the butterscotch topping worked for me in that I had enough to top the peanuts! delowenstein, TOH Volunteer Field Editor"