- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Pour butter into a 13x9-in. baking pan. In a large bowl, combine next six ingredients; mix well. Stir in pecans. Spread over butter.
- Bake 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven. If desired, immediately dust with confectioners' sugar. Cool before cutting. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forChewy Pecan Pie Bars
"ive made these 4 years/had lost the recipe/sadly they are a hit @ funerals"
"Ive fixed these numerous times and everyone loves them!"
"easy recipe, but way too sweet for us. I doubt that I will be making these again. I don't know if the recipe would work with less sugar, but these were way too sweet."
"These are superb! I had another recipe that called for waaay too much flour and was such a disappointment after making them. But this recipe is the one I'll make from here out."
"Baked in a mini muffin tin for bite size treats how long did you bake them and did you butter each mini muffing tin or did you use a non-stick sprayer"
"I used 1 cup of dark brown sugar and 1 cup regular and these turned out so YUMMY!!!"
"Yummy! One bowl preparation and excellent dessert for any event. A five star recipe!"
"When I make a pan of these for family events, it is one of the first plates cleaned."
"Wish I'd seen the suggestion to add coconut and chocolate chips before I made them -- they needed something. They were just ok."