- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- Pour butter into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; set aside. In a mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, eggs, vanilla, baking soda and salt; mix well. Stir in pecans. Spread over butter. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes. Remove from the oven; immediately dust with confectioners' sugar. Cool before cutting. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews forChewy Pecan Pie Bars
"My review is question/comment ... I made with gluten free pastry flour which I have successfully used in the past added 1/2 cup mini-chips and 1/2 cup coconut & plan was to bake in a mini-muffin pans I always have great success with! Filled almost to the top (another VERY similar recipe suggestion) and that was too much; consequently they would not come out "whole"! I sprayed and put a bit of butter on the bottom of each prior to filling -- taste was wonderful! Ended up with muffin tops and "crumbs" which my husband added to his cereal -- so not a total waste of time! I'm going to attempt again maybe as a bar but use parchment paper to make for easier removal/clean-up!"
"ive made these 4 years/had lost the recipe/sadly they are a hit @ funerals"
"Ive fixed these numerous times and everyone loves them!"
"easy recipe, but way too sweet for us. I doubt that I will be making these again. I don't know if the recipe would work with less sugar, but these were way too sweet."
"These are superb! I had another recipe that called for waaay too much flour and was such a disappointment after making them. But this recipe is the one I'll make from here out."
"Baked in a mini muffin tin for bite size treats how long did you bake them and did you butter each mini muffing tin or did you use a non-stick sprayer"
"I used 1 cup of dark brown sugar and 1 cup regular and these turned out so YUMMY!!!"
"Yummy! One bowl preparation and excellent dessert for any event. A five star recipe!"
"When I make a pan of these for family events, it is one of the first plates cleaned."