- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- Spread butter evenly in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. In a large bowl, beat eggs, brown sugar and vanilla until blended. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to egg mixture until well blended. Stir in pecans.
- Spread into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until browned. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews forChewy Pecan Bars
"Very Good! easy to make. Everyone loves it."
"FABULOUS!!! This recipe used to be on allrecipes.com, glad I found it again. Nice not to have the 'goo' around pecans for a change."
"WONDERFULBETTER THAN PECAN pieELEANOR OF WICHITA, KS."