- 3/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped peanuts
- In a mixing bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips and peanuts. Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews forChewy Peanut Butter Blondies
"I have made these Brownies several times! YUMMY! I can not bake them in pan size listed, as I only have a toaster oven, so I use 2 -11 x7 pan and they work out very well, moist abd chewie. They don't last long as they have become my BBF's favorite."
"Concerned about the amount of eggs. Can you substitute egg whites for some of the eggs??"
"I love these brownies they are easy and always get eaten up. They are moist and chewy and light."