Chewy Peanut Butter Blondies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped peanuts
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; beat into creamed mixture just until blended. Stir in the chocolate chips and peanuts.
- Spread into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat peanut butter is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 196 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 101mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Apr 9, 2018
We thought this recipe was great! I cut the recipe in half for the two of us, using only 2 eggs, and baked it in a 13x9-inch pan. I also substituted peanut butter chips for the peanuts, which was just a personal preference. We really enjoyed the bars and I will definitely make them again!
Nov 5, 2012
I have made these Brownies several times! YUMMY! I can not bake them in pan size listed, as I only have a toaster oven, so I use 2 -11 x7 pan and they work out very well, moist abd chewie. They don't last long as they have become my BBF's favorite.
Sep 23, 2009
Concerned about the amount of eggs. Can you substitute egg whites for some of the eggs??
Apr 26, 2009
I love these brownies they are easy and always get eaten up. They are moist and chewy and light.