- 5 cups cornflakes
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, combine corn syrup, butter, cream and sugar; cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Cook until a candy thermometer reads 234° (soft-ball stage).
- Pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat. Pat into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Cool before cutting. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forChewy Peanut Bars
"Extremely disappointed in this recipe. It didn't stay together at all. All it tasted like was a pile of soggy, sweet cereal. What a waste of cereal, peanuts, and coconut."