- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup each raisins and chopped pecans
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, molasses and vanilla; beat well.
- Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the raisins, pecans and chocolate chips. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 9-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on pans for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews forChewy Oatmeal Cookies
"Made these with the grandkids. Very easy to make. Used walnuts because that's what we had on hand and halved the recipe. Will be making these for Santa this year! Delicious!!"
"Made these with the grandkids. Very easy to male. Used walnuts because that's what we had on hand and halved the recipe. Will be making these for Santa this year! Delicious!!"
"Fantastic cookie. I had a bunch of almonds that I wanted to use up so I added those instead of pecans and added a little almond extract, too. All in all, this is a great recipe and one I'll keep."
"For the life of me, I cannot understand how this recipe got so many good reviews. The cookies are flat and stick to everything. They will not come off the cookie sheet, without breaking apart. I was baking these to send to DH's office. That's not possible now, as they are in pieces and the ugliest cookies I've ever baked. Total waste of time (which I did not have) and waste of money for ingredients (which I have less of). BTW, I'm in my sixties, and a very experienced baker. Do not waste your time or money, find another recipe."
"OMG, these are the best cookies ever.... I used chopped pecan's, coconut and oats. My man usually doesn't like what I bake, but, I kid you not he has been chowing down on these. Yes they are flat, but, hey each bite you could taste the amazing flavor's. I hear people complaining. One who was a seasoned baker stated maybe if cinnamon was in the recipe. (guess she missed that one) lol.I gave these cookies to the ladies at the vet's today and they are begging for the recipe.... By far the best chewy oatmeal cookies. Oh and they are better than the one's you can find in a box in the bakery department at Wal-Mart.And they passed my 4 yr old grandson's taste...."
"Chewy and delicious!"
"These are one of my most favorite cookies! They are soft and chewy and use REAL butter, which I like as well. The combination of raisins, pecans and chocolate chips make the cookies extra delicious. I highly recommend these cookies."
"I am "seasoned" baker, but this recipe was missing the taste. Maybe some cinnamon? Didn't taste like anything. Besides that, they came out flat after leaving them in the refrigerator overnight and then bringing them to room temp. I left out the chocolate chips and instead used raisins. What a waste of ingredients."