Chewy Oatmeal Cookies with Coconut
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 6-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups cornflakes
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop by level tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 158 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 189mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 6, 2013
Aug 8, 2011
These are SO DELICIOUS! I didn't have cornflakes, so I just left them out. I had chopped pecans instead of peanuts. I'll make this recipe again and again!
Apr 15, 2010
Very good cookie. I decreased the sugars to 3/4 c. each and it was still plenty sweet for my taste. I split the batch and added a few chocolate chips and raisins.