Chewy Oatmeal Cookies with Coconut
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 6-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups cornflakes
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop by level tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 158 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 189mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 6, 2013
Aug 8, 2011
These are SO DELICIOUS! I didn't have cornflakes, so I just left them out. I had chopped pecans instead of peanuts. I'll make this recipe again and again!
Apr 15, 2010
Very good cookie. I decreased the sugars to 3/4 c. each and it was still plenty sweet for my taste. I split the batch and added a few chocolate chips and raisins.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.