Chewy Fudge Drop Cookies
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a microwave, melt 3/4 cup chocolate chips and oil; stir until smooth. Pour into a large bowl; cool for 5 minutes.
- 2. Stir in brown sugar. Add egg whites, corn syrup, water and vanilla until smooth. Combine the flour, 2/3 cup confectioners' square, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture until combined. Stir in the remaining chocolate chips (dough will be very stiff).
- 3. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until puffed and set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Sprinkle cooled cookies with remaining confectioners' sugar.
2 each: 139 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Dec 31, 2016
DECADENT!! Do yourself a favor and save this in your recipe box!!
Jan 24, 2012
These cookies taste like brownies. Very delicious!
Sep 14, 2011
Crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside. Just delicious!
Jan 15, 2011
Jan 17, 2010
Definitely chewy and chocolately! Nice to know there is not butter/shortening or egg yolks! It didn't make 48, more like 32.
Dec 26, 2009
i loved them, they were perfectly chocolatey, and not overly sweet or fake tasting,