- 1-2/3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup sugar plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup oat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup each dried cherries and cranberries
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a large bowl, combine oats, sugar, oat flour, salt and cinnamon; mix well. Stir in apricots, cherries, coconut, pecans and sunflower kernels; set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together honey, butter, corn syrup, vanilla and water. Add the honey mixture to the fruit mixture; mix until crumbly. Pat into a lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown on the edges. Cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- While still warm, cut into bars. Remove bars to a wire rack to cook completely. Wrap bars individually in plastic wrap or store in an airtight container with parchment paper separating layers. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forChewy Fruit Granola Bars
"Delicious and easy to make! These are SUPERIOR to any store bought bar. My family really enjoys them."
"Were very good - got a bit crunchy but I had the heat turned up too high!! But were good - would make them again. The only problem is I would like to know the calories and other nutrition (# fat grams, etc.) Please post - thanks!"
"I have not made this recipe but it sounds very good. Can the nutrition facts be added? Thanks!"
"My husband and I love this recipe! I don't like pecans or walnuts so I substituted unsalted dry-roasted peanuts and it is perfect! Also, in place of the dried cherries & cranberries I just use a bag of mixed dried berries, which also contains blueberries."
"I made this with regular flour, and didn't use sunflower kernels or apricots. I also chose the pecan option, and used a mixture of honey and maple. The bars turned out great - very chewy and flavorful. Thanks, TOH!"