Chewy Fruit Granola Bars
Total TimePre: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1-2/3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup sugar plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup oat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup each dried cherries and cranberries
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a large bowl, combine oats, sugar, oat flour, salt and cinnamon; mix well. Stir in apricots, cherries, coconut, pecans and sunflower kernels; set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together honey, butter, corn syrup, vanilla and water. Add the honey mixture to the fruit mixture; mix until crumbly. Pat into a lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown on the edges. Cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- While still warm, cut into bars. Remove bars to a wire rack to cook completely. Wrap bars individually in plastic wrap or store in an airtight container with parchment paper separating layers.
Editor's NoteAs a substitute for 1 cup oat flour, process 1-1/4 cups quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats until finely ground.
Jan 10, 2016
Delicious and easy to make! These are SUPERIOR to any store bought bar. My family really enjoys them.
Sep 28, 2010
Were very good - got a bit crunchy but I had the heat turned up too high!! But were good - would make them again. The only problem is I would like to know the calories and other nutrition (# fat grams, etc.) Please post - thanks!
Mar 7, 2010
I have not made this recipe but it sounds very good. Can the nutrition facts be added? Thanks!
Nov 17, 2009
My husband and I love this recipe! I don't like pecans or walnuts so I substituted unsalted dry-roasted peanuts and it is perfect! Also, in place of the dried cherries & cranberries I just use a bag of mixed dried berries, which also contains blueberries.
Oct 3, 2009
I made this with regular flour, and didn't use sunflower kernels or apricots. I also chose the pecan option, and used a mixture of honey and maple. The bars turned out great - very chewy and flavorful. Thanks, TOH!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.