- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg; beat until light and fluffy. Combine flour, cinnamon and salt; add to creamed mixture and beat until smooth. Stir in pecans. Spread into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out clean. Cut into small bars while warm; roll in sugar. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews forChewy Cinnamon Bars
"My granddaughter, who loves cinnamon, made these with a little help from me. We all agreed they are rich and delicious."