VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg; beat well. Combine the flour, cinnamon and salt; add to creamed mixture and beat until smooth. Stir in pecans. Spread into a greased 8-in. square baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into small bars while warm; roll in confectioners' sugar. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Chewy Cinnamon Bars in Country Woman Christmas 1996, p31
Reviews forChewy Cinnamon Bars
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2013
"My granddaughter, who loves cinnamon, made these with a little help from me. We all agreed they are rich and delicious."