Chewy Chocolaty Cookies Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; blend well. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually blend into creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-9 minutes. Cool about 1 minute before removing cookies to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 each: 133 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 102mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Chewy Chocolaty Cookies
"This recipe was good and I'm a big cookie lover! I gave it a four though because the cookie batter resemble more of cake batter and they didn't keep a good cookie form like other dough cookies do when they bake. They are definitely chewy and have great flavor they just don't look as good for presentation if you're into that. My dough ran together on the cookie sheets and yes I did have them spaced a good distance apart."