- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 8-9 minutes or until edges are set. Cool on pans for 1 minute before removing to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews forChewy Chocolaty Cookies
"This recipe was good and I'm a big cookie lover! I gave it a four though because the cookie batter resemble more of cake batter and they didn't keep a good cookie form like other dough cookies do when they bake. They are definitely chewy and have great flavor they just don't look as good for presentation if you're into that. My dough ran together on the cookie sheets and yes I did have them spaced a good distance apart."