When I made these for our church Christmas bazaar, folks would snap them up within minutes. They're nice and soft like chocolate caramels but not sticky.
Recommended: 50 Recipes for Homemade Christmas Candy
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 squares (1 ounce each) unsweetened baking chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup instant nonfat dry milk powder
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate and butter. Transfer to a mixing bowl; add corn syrup, vanilla, 2 cups confectioners' sugar and milk powder. Mix well. Place remaining sugar on a clean surface; place dough on the surface and knead sugar into the dough until all of it is absorbed. Shape teaspoonfuls into 2-in. logs; wrap in waxed paper and twist ends. Refrigerate until firm. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Originally published as Chewy Chocolate Logs in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1998, p38