Chewy Chocolate Cookies Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups butter or margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chips. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes. Do not overbake. Cool about 1 minute on pans, then remove to wire racks. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 238 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 182 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Chewy Chocolate Cookies
"Someone has asked about making cookies plumper. I have discovered that replacing about 1/4 butter with the same amount of shortening preserves the buttery flavor and chewiness, but gives cookies a little more body (less melting in the oven). I adapted an oatmeal cookie recipe this way and am very happy with it."
"Great tasting and versatile cookie. We like our cookies large, so mine made about 3 1/2 doz. To adjust, I added 1/2 C flour. I chilled the dough for about 1 hour. I used a cookie scoop about size of large walnut. Flatten tops of cookies slightly. bake for 15 min. and let cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes before removing. I vary the flavor by adding peanut butter chips, or white chocolate chips, or mint chips. All are yummy!"
"These are great!! Just as they are...."
"These cookies are really good and have a big chocolate flavor. I did increase the cooking time to 15 minutes and they still are chewy on the inside and crunchy on the outside. This recipe made me 3 dozen cookies. This is a keeper for my family."
"Oh my goodness. These cookies are awesome! Chewy inside and crunchy outside. I varied the recipe a bit by using mini nonpareils. Only needed a cup and then pressed a few on top. This recipe is definitely a keeper."
"Absolutely delicious! These are my family's new favorite cookies!!!"