Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup (6 ounces) chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Sift together flour, cocoa and baking soda; add to creamed mixture along with oats, stirring until well blended. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes. Cool 3 minutes before removing to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 115 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 68mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Oct 20, 2013
I just made these and they are very good. I really like them because they are not overly sweet. The nuts and oatmeal make for a good crunch in this cookie. Will be making again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.