Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix*
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter, sugars and pudding mix. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts (dough will be stiff).
- 2. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 9-1/2 dozen.
Editor's Note: One 3.9-ounce package of instant chocolate pudding mix may be substituted for the vanilla pudding mix.
2 each: 111 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 83mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
"this is the best cookie recipe I have used this many times. this is more than an 5 star review"
"These are delicious and really good. They are chewy on the outside with a nice soft interior. The only change I made initially was a bit more vanilla. I have made them using chocolate chips, mini m&m's, butterscotch chips and also I made them once using a mixture of semi sweet chocolate chips and white chips. Very good and they stay soft and chewy when stored in an air tight container."
"soo good, nice chewy cookie. I substituted M&Ms for the chocolate chips but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. Of note: we only got 5 dozen modestly sized cookies which is only about half of what it stated the recipe yielded so this was the only reason I didn't give it a full 5 stars. (I also took a pic to post seeing as there wasn't one but cannot figure how to add it :/) But would definitely make these again, maybe even taking other posters suggestions and playing with the flavor of pudding and different add ins."
"I have made these many times and everyone has loved them. I do not make the regular choc. chip cookies any more. They are soft and you cannot eat just one."
"I feel the same way that cherrylady does about recipes without pictures. I usually pass on the ones without photos but this same recipe can be found on allrecipes.com with 9 pictures.http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chewy-chocolate-chip-cookies/detail.aspxEditors: Can you provide more photos?"
"I made these cookies with butterscotch pudding instead of vanilla. I also substituted 1 c. of choc. chips for butterscotch chips. They are soft and delicious!"
"I'm making these cookies yet again for a concert tomorrow. Everyone agrees they are the best ever!"
"These were not a hit with my family. Not a fan of adding the pudding, just tasted strange. Not enough sugar and way to dense."
"super soft and chewy!"
"These are great! Instead of walnuts (kids don't like them) I use a 1/2 of cup of Skor Chipits and Rainbow chips! Great hit every time!"