Chewy Choco-Caramel Squares
These rich, chewy bars make a quick and easy dessert for Thanksgiving. They're popular at bake sales and classroom parties, too. —Rod & Sue Brusius, Omro, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 package butter recipe golden cake mix (regular size)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 32 caramels
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs and oil; beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Fold in chocolate chips, baking chips and toffee bits.
- Press half of mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine milk, caramels and butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until smooth.
- Pour caramel mixture over crust. Crumble remaining cake mixture over top. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until edges begin to brown and topping is set. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 389 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 258mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.