Chesapeake Snack Mix
- 2-1/2 cups Corn Chex
- 2 cups Wheat Chex
- 2 cups cheddar-flavored snack crackers
- 1 cup miniature pretzels
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1. In a 3-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine the cereals, crackers and pretzels. In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt butter. Stir in the vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, seafood seasoning, celery seed and mustard. Pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- 2. Cook, uncovered, on high for 3-4 minutes, stirring once. Spread onto waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container.
3/4 cup: 157 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 371mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jun 11, 2013
I did use this recipe & made adaptations to it: I used 4-1/2 cups of Chex cereal-either Corn, Rice or Wheat Chex, 1 package of Cheddar Cheese-flavored Goldfish Crackers or wheat cracker thins, 2 cups miniature pretzels, 1-1/2 cups roasted peanuts, & kept the amount of the butter, white vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, Old Bay seafood seasoning, caraway seed instead of celery seed, & the ground mustard. I used a large
roasting pan to mix the cereal, crackers, pretzels & nuts of my own addition, then combined the butter, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, seafood seasoning, caraway seed & ground
mustard. I BAKED the mix in a 250o F. oven for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. %This recipe worked out very well for me & it is a part of my collection of TOH snack mix recipes to prepare! I admit that I prefer to bake my snack mixes instead of using a microwave-BUT this is what recipes are about-folks have different ways of preparing a particular recipe & if that works for them, then that is what counts!
Jan 19, 2012
I loved this recipe! I did make some changes though! I doubled the garlic powder, Old Bay and Celery seed. I substituted sea salt bagel chips for the pretzels. It has a little kick and tastes better than regular chex mix.
Nov 18, 2011
Tasty but it really needed some nuts!