Serve wholesome granola over this thick, rich yogurt for a quick breakfast. Or layer it in a parfait glass with granola and fruit for something special. It will keep in the refrigerator for the week. Look for 100% cherry juice at the store, since the cocktail blends have added sugar. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Recommended: Top 10 Light Dessert Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cups (32 ounces) reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1 cup frozen pitted dark sweet cherries, thawed and quartered
- 1/2 cup cherry juice
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Line a strainer with four layers of cheesecloth or one coffee filter and place over a bowl. Place yogurt in prepared strainer; cover yogurt with edges of cheesecloth. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove yogurt from cheesecloth and discard liquid from bowl. Place yogurt in a small bowl; stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Cherry Yogurt in Healthy Cooking February/March 2009, p48
Reviews forCherry Yogurt
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 4, 2010
"I would not make this recipe for me, but my family loves it, so I would definitely make it for them. I do not like yogurt, but they do. It's a keeper, for them, not me."