- 2 cups fresh snow peas, halved
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 3/4 cup cashew halves, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. For dressing, in a blender, combine the sugar, oil, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic and ginger; cover and process until blended.
- Pour over rice mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Just before serving, stir in the cashews. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forCherry Wild Rice Salad
"I prepared this salad today and give it an automatic five stars. This salad rocks. I did omit the snow peas and I used Uncle Ben’s Wild and Long Grain Rice mix for the rice. I also used sliced fresh cherries. And I toasted almonds instead of cashews. OMGosh was this delicious. Hubby cleaned his plate and I did, too. I highly recommend this delicious salad.Volunteer Field Editor"
"Because I live in wild rice country we have eaten so many wild rice recipes, but this is the best salad we've ever had, so flavorfull !!!!"