Cherry Wild Rice Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups fresh snow peas, halved
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 3/4 cup cashew halves, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. For dressing, in a blender, combine the sugar, oil, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic and ginger; cover and process until blended.
- Pour over rice mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Just before serving, stir in the cashews.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 355 calories, 17g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 188mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Jul 26, 2016
I prepared this salad today and give it an automatic five stars. This salad rocks. I did omit the snow peas and I used Uncle Ben’s Wild and Long Grain Rice mix for the rice. I also used sliced fresh cherries. And I toasted almonds instead of cashews. OMGosh was this delicious. Hubby cleaned his plate and I did, too. I highly recommend this delicious salad.Volunteer Field Editor
Apr 3, 2013
Fabulous, easy & healthy!!!!
Jun 2, 2011
I made this salad for a funeral dinner and received many requests for the recipe. The only thing I changed was that I doubled the dressing. It was delicious and a nice change from the usual pasta or jello salads. It definately is a "keeper".
Feb 6, 2010
Because I live in wild rice country we have eaten so many wild rice recipes, but this is the best salad we've ever had, so flavorfull !!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.