Cherry Vanilla Mini Muffins
Mini muffins are great for packing into lunch boxes, having on hand for after-school snacks and eating on the road. These sweet and colorful muffins are easy to prepare, so they're ideal for busy days. —Nancy Zimmerman, Cape May Court House, New Jersey
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, beat the egg, yogurt, butter and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cherries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined miniature muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.