Cherry Vanilla Cake Pops
Pop goes the party! No worries on who's cutting the cake; just serve and pop.
Total TimePrep: 1-1/2 hours + chilling
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup cream cheese frosting
- 2 to 3 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- 48 maraschino cherries, stems removed, drained
- 48 lollipop sticks
- 2-1/2 pounds white candy coating, chopped
- Red pearl sugar
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions, using a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and maraschino cherry juice; mix well. Shape mixture by tablespoonfuls around cherries. Place on baking sheets; insert sticks. Freeze for at least 2 hours or refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until cake balls are firm.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip each cake ball in coating; allow excess to drip off. Sprinkle with red pearl sugar. Insert cake pops into a styrofoam block to let stand until set.
Originally published as Cherry Vanilla Cake Pops in Bakeshop Favorites
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.